Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rhyming with Dr. Suess

One of our goals for language arts this week is rhyming! I absolutely LOVED reading books that rhymed when I was younger, so I was super excited to share my love for rhyming with the kiddos. One of my favorite authors who is known for his exciting rhyming books is Dr. Seuss! Before beginning this activity, I read several Dr. Seuss books and completed our -at word family house. For this rhyming activity, we focused on -at word family words! I gave each student a pre-traced hat on red construction paper, white/yellow stripes, and a paper plate. Students cut out the hat, found six words that belonged to the -at word family, stapled the hat to the paper plate, and drew facial expressions! They were all very proud of their work... which definitely put a smile on my face! 




No comments:

Post a Comment