Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THE EARTH HAS A FEVER!

Oh Mother Earth...

Mother Earth chatted with our class today... well me "acting" as Mother Earth! I put my mask on and told the kiddos to reach down and touch our earth! Jump! Roll! Dive! Dance! Dig! I then asked for them to point out my oceans and land. We discussed forests, mountains, rivers, etc. What earth felt and smelt like. 

We then discussed why earth has a fever! Factories, cars, and garbage. We then discussed how we could help Mother Earth! The kiddos came up with some wonderful ideas. Some students mentioned taking one car as a family to work/school, no littering, and turning electronics off when you're not using them! 

I then linked this lesson to the wildfires in the west. We identified the states in the west and pondered on why wildfires are happening so often lately! I showed pictures of the wildfires and firemen working hard to put them out. The kiddos were very concerned when we discussed the fires destroying homes! They asked me if we could help and if the wildfires were getting close to family.





No comments:

Post a Comment