Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friendship Lemonade



Since I believe working as a team is SO important in creating a successful learning environment, I wanted my kiddos to do something that involved team building! So the idea that I came up with was "Friendship Lemonade!" I secretly involved mathematics into the activity too- muahaha! I had my students count all 13 lemons, then cut my lemons into halves, and had them recount. We discussed that we started with ONE WHOLE lemon and then made TWO HALVES! Each student used their strong, mighty muscles to squeeze out as much juice from their half lemon as they could into a pitcher. Once each student had a chance, we mixed cold water and a little bit of sugar to create a delicious little refresher! The kids had a FANTASTIC time and it made my room smell nice and fresh! ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment