Thursday, August 16, 2012

Graphing the Daily Question


Taking it a step further...

One of our standards for kindergarten mathematics is graphing, so I decided to turn our daily question into a graphing experience! I believe it's important to take standards and connect them to real life situations. If students are able to connect real life situations to their studies, students will be able to obtain a deeper understanding; therefore creating a more meaningful learning experience! 

Our daily question for today: What is your Favorite Color?

After I created and labeled the graph, we discussed the importance of each component. We then collected our data and displayed it on a t-chart. Once we were done collecting data, we created our bar graph! I then asked students several questions about the graph! Luckily, my favorite color won- GO PINK! ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment