Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Science: Fall-en Leaf!

One of my most favorite parts of fall is the beautiful changes to the leaves. I love going on hikes and being outside during this time of year. Last weekend I went to Eaton Canyon in Pasadena and collected several different shapes, sizes and colors of leaves. If you haven't checked out this amazing park, I highly recommend it. At the end of the hike you are rewarded with a beautiful waterfall.



I brought the leaves into class and had students pick their favorite one. Students were able to choose other leaves around the playground, but most chose ones that I brought in. They were amazed with how big the leaves were! Once they picked the leaf of their choice, they had to use their 5 senses to describe the leaf and draw a picture of their leaf. They really enjoyed this science activity! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment