Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Science: Let it Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful, 
But the fire is so delightful, 
And since we've no place to go, 
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

My students are fascinated with snow. Actually fascination isn't even a strong enough word. Every time we read a book, watch a video or have a discussion about snow, my students eyes light up. They are so intrigued and just want to learn more and more about snow. I wish so badly I could give them my experiences with snow. Since I've lived in Indiana and spent my childhood winter months playing in snow, it's hard to understand what it's like not to build snowmen or make snow balls. 

I saw this science experiment at Hobby Lobby, a teacher and craft heaven, and knew I had to purchase this for my students. They really enjoyed completing this activity! After we completed this activity my students went to the other classrooms to show other students how to grow snow! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment