Saturday, May 4, 2013

Planets Presentation!

For our Planets Presentation, each Kindergarten class focused on three planets and/or star. Our class focused on the Sun, Mercury and Venus. I grouped students up and within each group they studied a planet or star using books and online articles. I met with each group for about 30 minutes to review their favorite facts. I wrote down their favorite facts on index cards and provided them with a poster board and an art box. They transferred their fact from the index card to the poster board and drew a picture of their planet or star. 

Afterwards, I met with each group again to go over how they were presenting to the class. We practiced several times until I felt they were confident. To practice our presentation before presenting in front of the entire Kindergarten classes, students presented in front of our class. Overall our students did a FABULOUS job presenting! I was very impressed with how well they spoke in front of people. I always promote participation and lead a student-centered classroom. I believe holding this type of environment really made our kids feel even more comfortable talking in front of peers. 

BRAVO my class!! :)  










No comments:

Post a Comment