Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Skittles Bar Graph

Can you taste the rainbow? 

Our kids did today! This week our math focus skill is graphing. To make graphing exciting for the students I created a lesson involving a tasty little treat! 

To start this activity I demonstrated how to analyze data, complete a bar graph appropriately, etc. Once I felt they were ready to do this activity I gave them each a worksheet, a pencil, an art caddy, and a random handful of Skittles. I think our kids were a bit in shock that I giving them "sweet treats"... especially in the morning. After they completed the worksheet independently, I checked their work and then they were rewarded by eating their Skittles. 

It was shocking how quickly they analyzed their data and completed the bar graph! Haha... They most definitely were motivated by the Skittles!    







No comments:

Post a Comment