Monday, October 15, 2012

Literacy Stations Part III

(6) Fall Strips: Students look at the fall word lists and try to sound out each word. There is a picture next to each word for students who struggle with sounding out the word. Once they sound out the word students write the word on paper!








(7) Square Letters: I will either say a word or write a word on the white board and ask students to find the letters to make the word. 


(8) Pumpkin Patch: Students must pick a word, sound out the word, and then write the word on paper. They must continue this until all words on the pumpkin are written down.



(9) I Teach The Pledge of Allegiance: I start by reading the pledge while students follow along. I then have students read the pledge with me twice. Lastly, I have them find the word wall words and write them on the white board. 










(10) -ap Book: Students flip over each "page" to make a new -ap word! I normally have them work independently and write the word in their writers journal. Other times I have students work in groups and "quiz" each other. 




No comments:

Post a Comment